- Kosnitzky’s Korner: Experienced Miami Central and Armwood Prepare For The 6A Final
- Rising Star: 2015 Watch List ATH Rodrick Archer
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: With Different Histories, Apopka Meets South Dade in the 8A Final
- On the way up… (Kentucky Football)
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: American Heritage Ready To Meet Clay in 5A State Final
- Sunshine State Report, Edition VIII
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: Orlando Here We Come! South Dade Dominates Palm Beach Gardens
- Dylan Smith, #23 in Arkansas 25 for 2015
- Recruiting Heating Up for 2015 Northwestern DB
- Into the Lion’s Den
Varsity Preps’ Bluegrass State Report
- Updated: July 12, 2013
Welcome to the first edition of Varsity Preps Bluegrass State Report. In this edition, I’ll discuss the underrated players in the state of Kentucky, UK top targets, and the UK confirmed camp list.
There are several players in the state of Kentucky that are underrated. In my opinion, the following players are: Sean Hammonds, Kameron Smith, Cole Wilson, Tre Webb, Elijah Bell and Joseph Hawkins.
– Sean Hammonds (6’2, 211, 2015) plays at Ballard High School in Louisville, Kentucky but grew up as a Kentucky Wildcat fan. He’s a versatile player that plays both sides of the ball (DE/FB). Hammonds has been contacted by UK and he’ll be camping at UK July 19th.
– Kameron Smith (5’10, 165, 2015) attends Fern Creek Traditional High School in Louisville, Kentucky and also grew up a Kentucky Wildcat fan. He is projected to be a Defensive Back on the college level. Smith currently not being recruited by any program, but, will be camping at UK on July 19th.
– Cole Wilson (6’2, 190, 2014) plays for Harlan County High School in Harlan, Kentucky. He likes Kentucky but has offers from Marshall and Charlotte. He attended the UK camp in June as a WR. Wilson has not heard from Kentucky recently but has plans to visit Charlotte July 17th and camp at Western Kentucky July 20th.
– Tre Webb (5’9, 179, 2015) plays also at Fern Creek Traditional High School in Louisville, Kentucky and likes UK, but is open to leaving the state. He is also projected to be a Defensive Back on the college level. Webb reports no contact with any coaches or schools. Webb will also be camping with Smith at UK on July 19th.
– Elijah Bell (5’9, 176, 2014) attends Henry Clay High School in Lexington, Kentucky who also likes Kentucky, but is open to other schools. He has attended camps at Louisville, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Bell is being recruited to Kentucky as a WR.
– Joseph Hawkins (6’4, 240, 2014) plays at Franklin-Simpson High School in Franklin, Kentucky likes UK, but is open to other schools. Hawkins did camp at Kentucky in June as a DE and is camping at Kentucky July 19th as a TE. He currently has no offers.
UK Targets for OL, DL, and WR
– Marcus Applefield is massive person on the OL. He recently visited Kentucky during his road trip. Kentucky has ground to make up if they hope to sign him on NSD.
– Brady Taylor is Ohio OL target. He currently is waiting on an Ohio State offer and will be camping there in hopes of earning that elusive offer. I don’t think he will get an offer from the Buckeyes. Ohio State is his dream school, but if he does not get the OSU offer, he will be a Kentucky Wildcat.
– Andrew Harrell is a OL target that is forgotten because he doesn’t have a UK offer. However, he impressed the coaches in June’s camp and is attending again at the July 19th camp. An offer is possible if he has good showing. Kentucky is the perceived leader. He could commit on the spot when offered.
– Nick Richardson is another Ohio OL target. He’s currently down to Vanderbilt and Kentucky. He keeps his recruitment close to the vest, but Kentucky has the slight edge. A commitment from him seems likely in the near future because he has visited both schools and knows what each school has to offer.
– Matt Elam is a massive, Kentucky 5-star DT prospect who’s camping at Kentucky again. With new schools entering his recruitment (Notre Dame and Tennessee) Alabama and Kentucky still seem to be the top 2 in his recruitment. He will decide at the Army All-American game in January.
– Abu Lamin is the No. 1 JuCo DT in the nation. He’s being recruited by several schools in the SEC ( Florida, South Carolina seem to be his favorites). Kentucky is trying to get him to visit officially and if the UK staff can get him to do that, Kentucky’s chances increase. But until then, Kentucky is on the outside looking in.
– Cory Johnson is another top JuCo DT in the nation. He is planning to visit Kentucky soon, which is good because they’re making ground up on him very quickly.
– Lloyd Tubman is currently committed to Vanderbilt, but is interested in learning more about Kentucky. He is planning to camp at Kentucky on July 19th and is looking forward to learning about the university and coaching staff.
– Blake Bone is going to wait until August to make a decision. South Carolina has a slight lead over Kentucky and Louisville. I think the final two in his recruitment will be Kentucky and South Carolina. He will be on UK’s campus on the 19th.
– Moral Stephens is a target moving up on the board. Kentucky is in good position to land him, if the camp on the 19th goes well. Stephens knows Kentucky is in need of WRs, which is very attractive to him knowing he can play his freshman year.
– Braxton Berrios is a target that may have been Kentucky bound before his dream school (Miami) offered. Now his recruitment is harder to read and may be drawn out longer than some originally thought. He’s interested in Notre Dame as well. Berrios will be on campus the 19th.
– Stanton Truitt is another target like Stephens who Kentucky is impressed by. He may decide soon and will be on campus on the 19th. Reason why he may decide soon is the staff feels good about landing him when he arrives on campus and he knows Kentucky is selling playing time.
– Garrett Johnson is a target that has been up and down the board. He is going to be on UK’s campus on the 19th.
– Josh Malone is a target that right now seems to be a longshot at attending Kentucky.
Confirmed Campus List
Confirmed Non-Visitor Commits
2015 Confirmed Visitors
2016 Confirmed Visitors