- Kosnitzky’s Korner: Experienced Miami Central and Armwood Prepare For The 6A Final
- Rising Star: 2015 Watch List ATH Rodrick Archer
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: With Different Histories, Apopka Meets South Dade in the 8A Final
- On the way up… (Kentucky Football)
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: American Heritage Ready To Meet Clay in 5A State Final
- Sunshine State Report, Edition VIII
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: Orlando Here We Come! South Dade Dominates Palm Beach Gardens
- Dylan Smith, #23 in Arkansas 25 for 2015
- Recruiting Heating Up for 2015 Northwestern DB
- Into the Lion’s Den
Varsity Preps’ Bluegrass State Report Edition II
- Updated: July 18, 2013
Welcome to the second edition of Varsity Preps Bluegrass State Report. In this edition, I’ll discuss the underrated players in the state of Kentucky, UK top targets, and the UK confirmed camp list.
There are several players in the state of Kentucky that are underrated. In my opinion, the following players are: Malik Malone, Mike Malone, Austin Davis, Ora Bo Johnson, Austin Black, Rhoman James and Aaron Slone.
Malik Malone #36 in the picture (5’9, 207, 2014) plays at Louisville Male High School in Louisville, Kentucky. He is projected as an Defensive Back on the college level. His top 5 programs he is considering. TSU, Mizzou, Kentucky, WKU and Austin Peay. Malik has no offers at this time. He’ll be camping at Kentucky July 20th.
Mike Malone # 31 in the picture (5’9, 185, 2014) plays at Louisville Male High School in Louisville, Kentucky. He is projected as an Safety on the college level. He does not have a top 5 right now, but he will have one soon. Mike has no offers at this time. He’ll be camping at Kentucky July 20th.
Austin Davis (5’10. 215, 2014) plays at Saint Xavier High School in Louisville, Kentucky. He is projected as an Running Back on the college level. He does not have a top 5. He is being recruited by Purdue, Vanderbilt, Yale, Western Kentucky, Army, Indiana, Illnois, Florida State, Kentucky. He has no visits planned and will make his decision at the end of the football season.
Ora Bo Johnson (6’1, 168, 2014) plays at Bryan Station High School in Lexington, Kentucky. He’s recruited as QB from the following programs. Western Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Fairmont, Valparaiso. He’s recruited as ATH from the following programs. Western Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Central Florida and Vanderbilt. He does not have a top 5, but Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky are top 2 in his recruitment. Johnson will be camping at Western Kentucky July 20th. He will make his decision during the season and before playoffs.
Austin Black (6’0, 190, 2014) plays at Henry Clay High School in Lexington, Kentucky. He is being recruited as a WR/DB from the following programs. Western Kentucky, Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Mississippi State, Middle Tennessee, Centre College, Lindsey Wilson, Depauq, Georgetown, Illnois State. He will be camping at Kentucky July 19-20th.
Rhoman James (5’11, 165, 2015) plays at Henry Clay High School in Lexington, Kentucky. He is projected as a Defensive Back in college. He reports interest from Georgetown and Illnois State with Georgetown as his favorite. He is not going to rush his decision and wait to see if other schools get involved in his recruitment. James will camp at Kentucky July 19-20th.
Aaron Slone (6’2, 185, 2016) plays at Madison Central High School in Richmond, Kentucky. He is projected as a Quarterback in college. Slone reports interest from Ohio, Old Dominion and Penn State. This summer he is planning on visiting to Ohio, Louisville, Vanderbilt and Western Kentucky. He will be camping at Old Dominion on July 20-21th.
Kentucky Targets for LB, WR and RB
– Brandon Lee is a recruit Kentucky fans need to pay attention to. He is one of the very few Linebacker Targets Kentucky wants. He may be on Kentucky campus this weekend. IF he does get on campus, Kentucky will feel have a chance of getting him later on. IF he doesn’t come this weekend Kentucky will have less likely chance of getting him on NSD.
– Delvin Purifoy is a Florida State commit, but has been opening to hearing what Kentucky is telling him. I don’t see him coming to this weekend camp. Kentucky has felt for a while they be able to flip him. This is another recruitment to watch until NSD.
Kentucky will take 1 more LB in the 2014 class
– Blake Bone is not going to make the camp this weekend. Kentucky fans should not be worried about this because he has been on campus before. I still think South Carolina has a slight lead with Kentucky in a close second. Next month he will decide his college decision.
– Moral Stephens is arriving on Kentucky campus tomorrow. Kentucky is excellent shape with him. He could very well be the next Kentucky commit. I expect his recruitment end in near future with Kentucky as his choice.
– Braxton Berrios will be arriving on Kentucky campus either today or tomorrow. Kentucky is going to throw the house sort to speak. Kentucky wants him very bad. Berrios is close to Kentucky QB commit Drew Barker. Kentucky will have to fight Notre Dame, South Carolina and Miami for his signature come Signing Day.
– Josh Malone visited Kentucky recently. As I said last week he was a long shot. I now believe Kentucky is in better shape after his visit. He is going to cut his list to final five soon.
– Garrett Johnson will be arriving as well on Kentucky campus either today or tomorrow. Kentucky is in good shape with him, but he is step down to the other WR targets above. Kentucky would take him if they missed out on other targets.
Kentucky will take 2-3 more WR’s in the 2014 class.
Despite losing Josh Clemons to another season ending injury and dismissing Khalid Thomas, Kentucky will not target anymore Running backs. Kentucky feels good at this position with SEC depth.
Confirmed Campus List
Confirmed Non-Visitor Commits
2015 Confirmed Visitors
Marcus Smith Jr
2016 Confirmed Visitors