- Mack NIckles C/O 2016 Spotlight
- Jair Anderson 2016 Spotlight
- Jeffrey Vaccaro: A Look Back and Examining His Senior Season
- “Next Up for Boyd Island”
- Under the Radar: Florida Speedster Markenzy Pierre
- Dallas Jeanty, 2016 LB, Ft. Lauderdale High
- The New Age Linebacker-Safety Hybrid
- Graham Coffelt’s Arkansas 16 for 2016
- Kamidrick Shine: Class of 2015 Spotlight
- Ben McDonald’s “Next Up”: Vol. 3
Shareef Miller – Defensive End- PA – C/O 2015
- Updated: April 4, 2013
Philadelphia has produced a few of the better lineman prospects in the past couple of years: Deion Barnes (Northeast), Justin Moody (George Washington), and Shariff Floyd (George Washington, headed to the NFL as a first round pick) immediately come to mind. Shareef Miller, out of Frankford High School, is a sophomore defensive end who is starting to make his presence known on the recruiting scene.
Listed at 6’4”, 195 pounds, Miller is definitely a raw talent with a tremendous upside. Miller already has the frame that colleges look for in defensive ends. With his quick first step, Miller is able to beat most of his opponents coming off the edge when rushing the passer. Even though he’s a young player, Miller has already mastered the art of getting his hands up to deflect the football during pass plays. Miller has excellent lateral quickness and is fast in pursuing ball carriers.
Miller is already garnering attention from a few schools who are interested in him coming to their camps. These schools are: Rutgers (6/8) and Cincinnati (7/7 or 7/19). Miller also plans on attending the Ohio State camp on 6/21 and will attend the Towson University spring football game on 4/27. Below are his 2012 season highlights.
You can follow me on twitter @VarsityPrepsNE or PASWAG.COM