- Explosive! C/O 2017 DE Robert “Tre” Square III Catholic High Baton Rouge, LA
- Is Montaric Brown Arkansas’s Top Prospect in 2017?
- Ready To Blow up the Boot C/O 2018 – Vol. 1
- Next To Blow Up Da Boot C/O 2017 – Vol. 6
- Man Amongst Boys!!! Elijah Watson #60 JR DE/DT G
- DeJaun Cooper #6 OLB/SS — Let’s Get Physical!!!
- Radar Alert! Class of 2017 Cameron Heil – LB Baker High School – Louisiana
- Tancey Richardson C/O 2017 Spotlight
- Slade Bolden ATH West Monroe HS (LA) C/O 2018 Spotlight
- Jearlmiah Ward Central B.R. (LA): Class of 2017 Spotlight
Rising Star: 2015 North Carolina WR, Corey Joyner Spotlight
- Updated: December 23, 2013
Corey Joyner, Jr (6’0, 177, 4.47/40). Commit that name to memory, because this stud WR from Lake Norman HS in Mooresville, NC is dominating the Class 4A North Piedmont Conference. All Joyner did as a junior, was pull in 86 catches for 1,708 yards and 21 TD’s. He lined up in the wildcat 17 times and rushed for 87 yards. Joyner, a two-way player, also added 10 tackles, 4 PBU’s and 1 INT as a DB. He accounted for 2142 all-purpose yards for the Wildcats. Joyner finished #4 in the nation in total yards receiving per Max Preps and averaged 142.7 yards receiving per game.
Joyner averages gaining 20 yards every time he touches the ball, whether he lines up in the slot, out wide, returning a kick or a punt. He does his most damage flanked out wide. He scored a touchdown every four catches this past season. Joyner played quarterback until he entered high school where Coach Rob McNeely saw his unlimited potential at wide receiver.
Joyner has great field vision, great hands, runs crisp routes and is a a deep threat who can create separation or out-duel a defender for a jump ball, and with his 34″ vertical jump. Eluding a tackle to score after the catch? He can do that, too.
Joyner is working to add more weight and to get stronger this off-season. He is also working to improve on his 4.47/4o time. His biggest area of weakness is the ability to consistently break away from defenders for extra yards after the catch.
Joyner has received interest from North Carolina, NC State, Western Carolina, East Carolina, and Catawba College.
Check out Corey Joyner’s Junior Highlights Below:
Coach McNeely said. “We always knew Corey was capable of becoming a special player. I’ve been at Lake Norman since it opened in 2002 and we’ve only had a handful of kids who can score every time they touch the ball. Corey is one of those kids. I’m happy to have him, because it’s a luxury not many teams have.”
McNeely added, “Corey’s not the fastest guy in the world, but he has football speed. He added about 15 pounds this year and is still kind of lanky but, strong. I think people might underestimate him.”
Corey excels in the classroom as well, with a 3.9 GPA. He plans to take the SAT and ACT tests in February, 2014. He is a member of Mu Alpha Theta, a national honor society recognizing outstanding Math students. He plans to major in Business Administration in college.
Joyner volunteers in his community serving at soup kitchens to help feed the underprivileged.
He was named 1st team all-county, all-conference, and all-regional.
This past Summer he camped at or was invited to
– at VTO/Rivals camp he made the elite 100
– Blue Grey first and second level super combine in Canton Ohio and is attending the third and final level in January in Florida
-has been invited to NUC 5-star show case
-Winston Salem State University camp
-Elon University camp
-Mars Hill University for the Blue-Chip camp