- Varsity Preps South Rising Prospects (1/13/2016) – C/O 2019 No particular order/Grading
- 2017 Spotlight – Justin Korakakos Dr. Krop High School Miami, FL
- Road To The Dome – Never Give Up – Noah Fontenot 2017 LB St Thomas More – Louisiana
- Explosive, Speedy Camden Fairview (AR) RB Chris Hargraves (239C/1789Yds/18TDs)
- Start of a New Era Vol. 1 – Boys of the Boot Class of 2019 – New Comers
- Varsity Spotlight-2018 G/T 6’2 260 Tyler Hendricks – Catholic High, Baton Rouge
- Ryan Malbrough C/O 2018 Spotlight
- Rising Prospect for 2018 – WR/QB Jaylin Williams – Donaldsonville High School – Louisiana
- Next Blow Up The Boot C/O 2017 Volume 10 – Wide Receivers
- Spotlight C/O 2018 – Stefan Cobbs, Jr. – Fossil Ridge High School Keller, TX
DASHAWN DARDEN/QB/CARDINAL O’HARA/’14/PA
- Updated: March 18, 2013
One of the more underrated players on the East Coast is quarterback Dashawn Darden out of Cardinal O’Hara H.S. (PA). Listed at 5’10”, 170 lbs., Darden is a very fundamentally sound and it would be a mistake to assume that he’s just a “running” quarterback. If he was at least 6 feet tall, there’s no doubt that he would have a good number of offers. Still, Darden gained over 2,000 total yards (over 1,600 passing) and scored 23 touchdowns. The dual-threat also earned Philadelphia All-Catholic League 1st team honors including Most Valuable Player at the AAA level (highest classification in Pennsylvania is AAAA). Pound for pound, he’s one of the best offensive players in the state of Pennsylvania.
“I’ve received interest from Old Dominion, Boston College, Bryant, James Madison, Temple, Villanova, Buffalo, Kent State, Rutgers, and West Virginia”, said Darden. Darden has already taken visits to Boston College, West Virginia, Rutgers and Temple. He plans on going to James Madison (March 23rd), Bryant University, and several other schools in the upcoming season. Even though Darden wants a shot at quarterback at the next level, he is willing to play another cornerback as well. “The things I’m looking for in a college are: great coaching, great students, a great Business program, great professors, and a great campus”, said Darden when asked about what he’s looking for in a college.
Darden has been spending his offseason improving an already impressive skill-set. Darden is very athletic, fast, a hard worker, and is a student of the game. He says that he wants to continue to work hard and improve on his strength, speed, and explosiveness. Most importantly, Darden wants to keep his teammates happy and lead by example. Click here to view Darden’s 2012 season recruiting highlight video.
Cleezy’s Extra Point: Colleges like their quarterbacks to be in the 6’1” and over range, making Darden’s push for a Division 1 scholarship offer at that position a little tougher than usual to attain. However, Darden is a very competitive player and has the ability to make all kinds of throws. A strong 7 on 7 offseason could to a lot to help his cause. Darden will be playing with the Philly’s Finest 7 on 7 team during the PA SWAG Northeast Elite 7 on 7 Tournament (IMG Qualifier) on April 13/14 in Pennsylvania.
You can follow me on twitter @joecleezy1
Picture courtesy of Strent Designs