- Rising Star: 2015 Watch List ATH Rodrick Archer
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: With Different Histories, Apopka Meets South Dade in the 8A Final
- On the way up… (Kentucky Football)
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: American Heritage Ready To Meet Clay in 5A State Final
- Sunshine State Report, Edition VIII
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: Orlando Here We Come! South Dade Dominates Palm Beach Gardens
- Dylan Smith, #23 in Arkansas 25 for 2015
- Recruiting Heating Up for 2015 Northwestern DB
- Into the Lion’s Den
- Kosnitzky’s Korner: 5A American Heritage and Lake Wales Battle For a Trip to the Final
Meet 2014 GA WR Tyriq Jackson and 2014 FL ATH Mario Mezier
- Updated: July 13, 2013
2014 WR Tyriq Jackson (6’2, 183, 4.5/40) of Fayette County High School in Georgia currently holds no offers due to missing his junior year. He would like to be recruited as an ATH because he can play both offense and defense. He is garnering interest from Mercer, Georgia, Vanderbilt, UCLA, Central Michigan, Michigan State, Georgia State, Georgia Tech and Kentucky.
The Fayette County High WR has a busy summer schedule ahead. He’ll camp at Georgia tomorrow, Mercer Saturday, Georgia Tech and Georgia State next week, then plans to attend camps at Kentucky and Michigan State. Jackson is also setting up visits to UCLA, Central Michigan and Vanderbilt.
When Jackson selects a program he’ll be considering a few factors. “Most important factor is academics, but I will also be looking at the coaching staff and how they interact with the athletes, and distance from home is a non-factor for me.”
He explained what makes him an attractive prospect to programs that are recruiting him. “I’m quick, I have good hands, ball skills, and a non-stop motor. I have a mentality of not backing down to any challenge and I possesses good character on and off the field.”
Jackson told Varsity Preps he currently has no frontrunners and is open to other programs. He has no timetable on making a decision.
– 2014 ATH Mario Mezier (5’10, 176. 4.5/40) just transferred to South Dade Sr. High School. He currently holds one verbal offer from Western Kentucky, but hasn’t heard from any coaches recently.
The South Dade ATH has one camp planned. He will be camping at Kentucky July 19th with ATH Antwan Cordy and Kentucky commit WR Tyre Brady. He also said he would like to visit Ohio and Duke.
[youtube id=C5K-DudbqAI width="620" height="360"]
When Mezier selects a program, the most important factor will be “on the position the staff want me to play, either DB or WR.”
Mezier went in-depth on whom he likes the most in his recruitment. “I like Kentucky, Indiana, Duke, Ohio and Nebraska, in no particular order, but Kentucky is my favorite over the other schools. I love everything about Kentucky.” He plans on making his decision before the start of the postseason.
Mezier said he wants to elevate his game and become an impact player. “The hard work I’m doing this summer consists of hitting the weight room, doing extra drills, and watching game film. I believe it will pay off when I improve my hand and eye coordination, footwork, hip movement, and my overall speed. I know speed is an asset I can have on the football field to make big plays and help my team win games.”