- Varsity Spotlight-2018 G/T 6’2 260 Tyler Hendricks – Catholic High, Baton Rouge
- Ryan Malbrough C/O 2018 Spotlight
- Rising Prospect for 2018 – WR/QB Jaylin Williams – Donaldsonville High School – Louisiana
- Next Blow Up The Boot C/O 2017 Volume 10 – Wide Receivers
- Spotlight C/O 2018 – Stefan Cobbs, Jr. – Fossil Ridge High School Keller, TX
- Ricky Travis C/O 2018 Spotlight
- Wayne Jones Oklahoma Preps Spotlight
- Humble And Hungry For The Game Of Basketball
- Varsity Preps South – Rising Prospects – Class of 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Christian Meadows C/O 2018 Spotlight
Cleezy’s Corner: J.J. Cosentino – Interview and Highlight Video
- Updated: March 25, 2013
On CLEEZY’S CORNER, Varsity Prep writer J. Cleezy provides a look at some of the top recruits via video highlights.
PLAYER: J.J. Cosentino
SCHOOL: Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA)
Height and Weight: 6’4″, 215 LBS.
RECRUITMENT STATUS: Gave a verbal declaration to Florida State University on March 18, 2013.
EDITOR’S NOTE: VP had a chance to talk with Cosentino this past weekend as well.
On choosing Florida State: Florida State has just been great from the beginning. Coach (Jumbo) Fisher has been really high on me since the start and really wanted me. I love everything about the program and it’s a good fit for me offensively and educationally. My parents really like all the coaches and feel comfortable sending me down there.
Plans for the upcoming months: I have a busy summer, I got invited to the rivals camp at Montour which I will be attending. I also go invited to NFTC in Ohio and elite 11 in Ohio which I hope to move on in both events.
Strengths as a player: I feel like I have a really strong arm and am strong in the pocket. I can get free to make a throw and use my feet to get out of trouble and make a play.
Players he looks up to: When you play QB you kind of follow the best QB’s in the game. I love to watch Aaron Rodgers and Andrew luck, they are the best at what they do and good men in the community.
Goals for the offseason: My main goal for the offseason is to get faster at everything. To play successfully at the next level, you have to get faster.
With his recent verbal declaration to Florida State, J.J. Cosentino currently has the highest profile of any Pennsylvania quarterback right now. Florida State had offered the quarterback back in mid-January, along with two other schools: Akron and South Florida. Cosentino is big, strong, and is very mobile for his height (clocked at 4.7 seconds in the 40-yard dash). Here’s a “Varsity Preps” look at Florida State commit J. J. Cosentino. I woldn’t be surprised to see him on the 7v7 circuit in the upcoming months.